Saturday, September 29, 2007

TOFI

It has always been a rule in Physical Education not to exercise in an instant without doing warm-ups. Why? Common sense. Breaking this rule will only result to different muscle cramps and pains, which, as we all know, may produce undesirable effects to our system.
My point here is simple. I'm not a one-sided person. I consider both sides before I air out my opinion. What about TOFI? Well, I'm against it, obviously. I'm against it in the sense that the increase is too high and that it's very unreasonable to have such an increase in an instant. Like, it could have been better if the increase was gradual. I'm not really the right person to hear talking about tuition fee increase because I'm really, really financially-incapable. But, with the sudden alleviation of the prices of commodities, along with the 'pure intentions' of UP to improve the system, I agree with the increase. But as I've written earlier, it's dangerous to haste things up, or to rush things out, because it will only result to undesirable effects to the system.
Want to know some of those 'undesirable effects' I'm talking about? Well, I'm just gonna site my two high school classmates who are both UP passers but didn't get a chance to enroll in the university because of that damn TOFI. Well, UP has just lost two of the best students in the country. And I'm sure they're not the only ones who have that story. I'm sure there are lots of them, unable to enroll because they can't afford. And what's the use of the so-called bracketing system if they can't fully support financially-incapable students like us? They said they have revised that bracketing system, but it only became worse. They've set up certain criteria, but then again they don't follow it. What's going on, UP Administration? What has happened to the so-called premiere University of the Philippines?

No comments: